Jean-Yves MarzinDirecteur de l'Institut des sciences de l'ingénierie et des systèmes
The exceptional-grade senior researcher Jean-Yves Marzin is a graduate of the Ecole Polytechnique, an engineer trained at the École Nationale Supérieure des Télécommunications (Télécom ParisTech) and a Ddoctor of Science. His research focuses on the optical properties of micro- and nanostructures. After directing the L2M (Laboratoire de Microstructures et de Micro-électronique) until 2001, he helped set up the Laboratory for Photonics and Nanostructures (LPN), which he directed until 2011. He has also headed the Centre de Nanosciences et de Nanotechnologies at Saclay near Paris. Jean-Yves Marzin was appointed director of the INSIS in February 2013.
- Respond to society’s needs.
- Develop a systemic approach to the design, production and operation of safer, more interactive, economical, efficient and eco-friendly systems.
- Conduct strategic actions in partnership with industry, other research and educational institutions, and local and regional authorities.
The INSIS focuses on four sectors:
- The environment
- Health engineering
- Communication technologies and nanotechnologies
Areas of research
- Materials and structural mechanics, acoustics, bioengineering
- Fluids, processes, plasmas, transfer, combustion, thermal systems
- Micro- and nanoelectronics, micro- and nanotechnologies, micro- and nanosystems, photonics, electromagnetism, electrical energy