Gaëlle BujanData Protection Officer
Gaëlle Bujan is a trained economist and was head of research policy for Brittany's Regional Council from 1994 to 2001. She then joined the Research Institute for Development (IRD) as administrator for the Research Centre of the Île-de-France region before becoming the assistant to the Secretary General at the IRD's Paris headquarters. In 2007, she was appointed deputy regional representative at the CNRS Île-de-France West and North Regional Office. She became Regional Representative for Alsace in 2012 and then for Aquitaine in 2014. She was appointed as the CNRS Data Protection Officer in April 2018.
The Data Protection Officer is responsible for data protection compliance at the CNRS in accordance with the European regulation on the protection of personal data. The main aspects of her role are:
- to inform and advise the organisation and data controllers about data protection obligations
- to monitor compliance with data protection regulations and the correct application of data protection procedures, methods and guidelines
- to give advice about the data protection impact assessment and monitor its implementation
- to cooperate with its supervisory authority, the Commission on Information Technology and Liberties (CNIL), and act as the contact person for all questions about data processing and protection
- to make sure documentation about processing operations is correctly maintained.